Why I hate the Mets.
In honor of the Cubs mets series I am reposting this.
1. Why you ask? Cause their players seem to think they are god's gift to baseball and just that much better than the rest of the National League... Just cause you're a bunch of choke artists doesn't mean you have to watch every home run like it's a fucking rembrant. They are a team of goof offs.
2. Jose Reyes is not better than Jimmy Rollins... he's not just... deal. (BTW yankee fans neither is Derek Jeter... just cause a guy is cute doesn't make him better. God I'd like to knock some of Jeter's smug fucking teeth out.)
3. They do less with more than any team in baseball. Talent talent talent. But no heart. It's no wonder they choked and their coach is a joke... They're the knicks of baseball.
4. Omar seems to think that Carlos Delgado is still a good hitter. All he can hit is a hanging slider... I think I could throw my fastball by him.
5. That stupid ass Meet the Mets song. What the hell were they thinking? That is the stupidest piece of schlock in jingle history.
Here's the lyrics, now imagine the cheesiest jingle you can imagine over the top of this.
"MEET THE METS, MEET THE METS,
Step right up and greet the Mets!
Bring your kiddies, bring your wife;Guaranteed to have the time of your life
because the Mets are really sockin’ the ball; knocking those home runs over the wall.
East side, West side, everybody’d coming down to meet the M-E-T-S Mets of New York town!
Oh, the butcher and the baker and the people on the streets,
where did they go? To MEET THE METS!
Oh, they’re hollerin’ and cheerin’ and they’re jumpin’ in their seats,
where did they go? To MEET THE METS!
All the fans are tru to the orange and blue, so hurry up and come on down -
‘cause we’ve got ourselves a ball club, The Mets of New York town!
Give ‘em a yell! Give ‘em a hand! And let ‘em know your rootin’ in the stand!"
I want to vomit.
6. Mr. Met... really a guy with a baseball for a head? Along the same lines as the song. He came up to me at the game this week and gave me shit for wearing a cubs jersey... so I flipped him off. Come on. What is he gonna do? He's got a baseball for a head.
7. Met fans. For years I've been going to see met cubs games. The last two years are the first time that they have had more fans in SHEA than the cubs. That is just (pardon my french) fucking lame mets fans. I laughed out loud when in the pregame announcement david wright said "Mets fans are the best fans in the world". This is a team that can count on their fans to give up. Four runs down against the cubs half the stadium left, two nights after they made a comeback against the cubs. They got one of the best teams in the league and can't even stay to see if their team can make a comeback (which they did).
In 98' they could sell out the stadium when they were 2 games out of the wild card. Their fans were booing a team 2 games out. What a bunch of schmucks... (BTW cubs fans are starting to get like this, So I have a suggestion... if you weren't a cubs fan before 2003... start rooting for the devil rays they could use the help)
8.. Cowbell man. I got four words for you cowbell man. "Get... a fucking... job!"
BTW Ronnie Woo-Woo could bust your drunk ass up.
9. I have to go to and from Queens college in the evening and whenever there is a mets game I get bozos trying to clip the front and back of my car. Mets fans absolutely suck at driving.
10. Shea Stadium. What kind of fucking morons have to tear down a stadium that is about 10 years older than I am. They built a piece of crap, ugly stadium, perfectly symmetrical and completely lacking in character. 40 years later they go oops sorry can we have 180 million free bucks and 1.5 billion in tax free bonds so we can build a new stadium to replace the piece of crap we built a few years ago. What a bunch of assholes. Have some foresight.
11. Mets fans constantly complaining that there are too many Cubs fans in the stadium... then leaving in the 6th inning. At the begining of each game David Wright calls the Mets fans the best fans in the world... it's more like the best fans that root for a team in Queens.
12. This guy:
As I come up with more reasons I will continue this list.