Friday, May 25, 2012

Polyphonic Spree in a Synagogue

So I went down to DC on monday to see a show.  I saw the polyphonic spree play the sixth and I historic synagogue, oddly enough the second time I have see the Spree play a synagogue, but this is the first time it was a in use synagogue.  This was a fantastic place to see a show, the venue led to a level of respect or care form the crowd.  As you can tell by the pictures the place was gorgeous.  clearly confetti drops that might be normal at a Spree show are not OK at a place like this.



The Polyphonic Spree are one of those bands that I have no understanding why people wouldn't like them, and at the same time completely understand it.  Their orchestral pop infused with gospel flavor and robes is so uplifting I would imagine that anyone who doesn't like them should be immediately prescribed some prozac. At the same time the spectacle of the band, which I view as completely sincere and unironic, could be seen by others as just plain silly.  But again if you don't like silly, you should probably take some prozac.  I understand that gigantic joyous pop music isn't for everyone, but if it was I think we'd all be a little happier.

Seriously watch them take a depressing Nirvana song and turn it into a happy spiritual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home