Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Quitting smoking

People have a hard time fathoming the mood changes one actually goes through while trying to quit smoking. Ya think to yourself, it doesn't have that great of an impact upon one's behavior, It's not like cocaine, heroin, marijuana, or even alcohol. There is no obvious intoxication when it comes to smoking cigarettes. No feelings of euphoria, no dizziness, no hallucinations, no memory loss, or pressured speech. None of the traditional befuckered symptoms...

Yet I feel stressed and cranky like I haven't in ages. I wonder if over time, over years of smoking, all that nicotine slowly changed my personality. Maybe this high strung, cranky mother fucker is the real me, and that laid back fella was just a product of my smoking.

God I want a cigarette.

bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home