Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Just cause I have long hair doesn't mean I want your drugs new york city.

I've been growing my hair out for a few months now... well since march... so It's gotten pretty long. Now this changes a few of my interactions with strangers here in New York. Especially in the Dominican neighborhood where I work, Washington Heights. Normally strangers don't talk to one another in New York, but now with my long hair I get to talk to strangers... well I get talked to by strangers.

At first it was hard to notice... then I realized that that guy who walked by me muttering "Bud... Blow" is talking to me. And he wants me to purchase his wares. At least twice a week for the last month I have had dudes trying to sell me drugs. Usually just weed or weed and coke... but occasionally I'll hear a meth, or a heroin reference.

So is it possible that the same style that makes drug dealers think you'll buy their stuff can make me look good?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home