Friday, June 30, 2006

Pitchfork Preparations 3: Jens Lekman


Jens Lekman doesn't just want to be your dog... He wants to be Stevin Merrit. He wants to be Steven Merrit without all the sarcasm. He wants to be Steven Merrit but actually be in love. It's this sick concept, ya know, sincere love songs. Jens can go toe to toe with New York's foremost expert on the subject of the love song. And at times, because of his sincerety, Lekman passes Merrit on some levels. But you can't help but hear Lekman copying, it's too obvious. Regardless Jens is one of the acts I'm most looking forward to hearing. Bopping my head a little, oh and maybe just maybe, I'll shed a tear.

Whaa Whaaa
bill

1 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Durable Brother of Endurance said...

Grunge,

I just started reading your blog again. Yours is the only source for honest commentary on the indie rock scene, so I may visit and comment more often now.

I promise not to include any terms that we might learned from Mr. Roop's Junior High health class. I just fired up my blog again. I've included a link to your blog and to Nubb's website as well. Here's the URL: http://durablefoolishness.blogspot.com/

- The Front Passenger in Dodge Aries K rides to Wrigley Field

 

Post a Comment

<< Home