Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Mountain Goats


So one of my favorite bands is releasing a new record, and I'm thuroughly excited while being quietly terrified of this fact. The Mountain Goats are releasing and album entitled Get Lonely. If the title wasn't warning enough here's a snipit of the pitchfork review.

I introduced myself to John Darnielle after his performance at this summer's Pitchfork Music Festival, and this conversation happened:
Darnielle: Have you heard the new album?

Me: Yeah, I just got it.

Darnielle: What do you think?

Me: I've only heard it a couple of times; I'm still processing.
Darnielle: Do you have a girlfriend?
Me: Yeah, she's right over...

Darnielle: I hope she leaves you. Then you'll understand it.

He was joking. I think.


(if you want to read the whole review go here.
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/38043/The_Mountain_Goats_Get_Lonely)

So needless to say have a feeling this one's gonna hit a little too close to home... But sometimes it's good to just let yourself sing the blues.

bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home