Thursday, February 08, 2007

So I'm not tall...

why don't you take me behind the barn and shoot me like ole' yeller'.

I've started looking at craig'slist ads for dates. Yeah I know... I know... how could you meet anyone on the internet. Well it's a good a place as any for meeting strangers. You walk up to a girl at a bar, start talking and wham you realize she's an idiot. Now I've just spent a half an hour building up the courage to, and another half an hour talking to an idiot, when I could have been talking to my friends and generally having a good time. At least the whole email thing rules prevents the idiot scenario from happening.

Regardless of all that gibber-gabber, the one thing that really bugs me about it is the height requirement. Your alone, want company, but it has to be 6' 0" or up. Why exactly, cause you want to feel diminutive...? Cause it doesn't look right? Wasn't there a woman's liberation movement at some point. I'm not one to ignore the differences between men and women, but come on. A girl that wants to be treated as an equal and requires their dinner to be paid for? Isn't there a little inherent contradiction in that? I'm not against paying for a dinner and I'm not a short guy, I'm 5' 9", that's an inch shorter than average. But what happens to the 5' 4" guy. I'm sorry sir, no dates for you.

I understand some things... I'm a smoker, people hate that shit. You want to date a non-smoker fine I can live with that. You don't wanna date a guy who's overweight... well shit... weight is something you can do something about. You don't want to date a stupid person? Well welcome to the fucking club. But you will only date people starting one inch taller than me... that is just frankly irritating.

4 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Damnitol said...

borrow your dad's shoes

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah height ain't everything...I got 3-inches on you and you still whipped my ass on the basketball court...

Ahhh blast from the past

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have several shoes in my closet but they're all lefties!

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow bill kowalxzychgrychz another amazing blog, how do you do it? Your passion for the issues is so compelling and I for one personally think you are a genius. the world would be an amazing place if more people were like you. By the way... youy know you wrote the anonymous quote yourself. your stubby ass didn't beat anyone on the basketball court.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home