Thursday, January 25, 2007

Camera Obscura

To complete my Glasgow week, I went to go see Camera Obscura last night at the Warsaw. It was the second time I had seen them, and I was disappointed with the set list the first time (they played a ton of the new album and it wasn't out yet), and they were... well stiff.

Well... they're still stiff. The show was much better than the knitting factory one a few months back, but I just don't understand how songs that are so packed full of life and emotion sound so flat live. I'm sorry Camera Obscura... but you've lost me. I love your music, but it just doesn't translate to a live venue.

I want to talk for a moment to people who go to shows. If you are seeing a soft rock act, such as Camera Obscura, why on earth would you pay 25 bucks and talk through the whole thing. Ahhhhhh... I mean it's not like they are Motorhead. If they were you could talk all you want... hell scream, I don't care, I wouldn't be able to hear you anyway. Well enough of angry bill.

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree. the talking was out of control last night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home