Friday, May 30, 2008

radioLAB live


So I went to go see a live at the LIC watertaxi beach last night. This is mildly what I think I might think heaven to be like. A large group of people who have gathered together to listen intently to science stuff 0n a beach with a beautiful view while drinking sangria (not to mention a large contingent of lesbians, ).

Anyway they talked about decision making... and it was delightful especially cause I just finished a grant that a large portion of it was what they were talking about. The science was pretty solid (as always with them) though I was a little upset with their placement of the limbic system and the dorsal lateral prefrontal cortex, but I kinda qualify as an Uber-Nerd.

Anyway if you like This American Life and you are interested in the way the world/your own brain works tune into radiolab. It's one of the best shows out there.

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/radiolab/

1 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello There!

Nigel here. It’s good to see that your disability is allowing you to post again. It’s wonderful that people like you just don’t give up when they are dealt a bad hand.

Anyhow, just wanted to pass along that I thoroughly enjoyed your review of the Indiana Jones film….You saved me twenty buckaroos to boot! You see, my gal pal and I were going to see it after a rough day (my sheepdog Dudley decided to introduce himself to a skunk. So I spent the day washing the stink out of that big hairball!...Heh!), but then I read your review and we went to see Ironman instead. It was well worth it. There were some young bucks causing a ruckus in the theater, but that is beside the point.

Your Mets article was a real knee slapper too – even the second time around. Those New Yorkers must think they are king of the world! How do you deal with them everyday?...Although they have won a few World Series in the last 100 years. Me - I'm a Brewers fan. Darn Brew Crew, just can’t get any pitching to go with those young hitters! Oh well! At least the Cubs look like a real contender this year…..Especially with that Kosukedome fella coming over from China.

Get well soon…..And keep up the good work!

Nigel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home