Tuesday, September 18, 2007

All right just stop it

I like Donovan McNabb. I like him a lot. But seriously players need to stop pulling out the race card every time someone gives them crap in the media.

from ESPN "I pass for 300 yards, our team wins by seven, [mimicking] 'Ah, he could've made this throw, they would have scored if he did this,' " McNabb tells HBO.

Doesn't every quarterback go through that?" Brown asks. "Not everybody," McNabb replies.

Brown then asks if the media is tougher on him than on white quarterbacks such as Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning.

"Let me start by saying I love those guys," McNabb tells HBO. "But they don't get criticized as much as we do. They don't."

News flash to Mr. McNabb. You play in Philly. Philly... they booed Mike Schmidt for heavens sake.... ya can't get more white than Schmidt. You get more criticism because you play in Philly not because of the color of your skin.

I heard Steven A. Smith suggest on the radio that black quarterbacks are still questioned more for their intelligence. To which I say "poppycock". (yeah that's right I don't know what it means but I said it.) Who are the two most questioned mentally guys at quarterback in football... hmmmm could it be Rex Grossman and Brett Favre? Of course it is cause they will trow the ball at a player surrounded by hungry alligators and sharks. And Mr. Smith what color are they.... hmmmm... white. In Farve's case White with a capital "W." I mean how more white can you get.

A similar logic for Mr. Sheffield and Mr. Bonds. I believe in racism... I believe it is still prevelant in our society... I believe it is one of the greatest social ills of our time... but you two are not crapped on cause you're black. You are a couple of assholes. So shut the fuck up and go spent your millions. You're universally disliked cause your assholes... just like that Pierzinski fucker. He's white... but low and behold he's an asshole, so everyone hates him.

All right enough yelling sports crumudgenry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home